After a long and busy week, it was such a relief for the weekend to arrive (as usual..)
Spent Wednesday evening in the hospital as my doctor had asked me to go back to check my infection was gone. Which it was, so that's good but slightly annoying to have to hang around...
Anyhoos, Thursday morning I got up (relatively) early and went shopping with two of my friends to buy ball dresses for the party we were going to. We spent 4 hours in the mall (including a prayer break and a food break) but had great success in getting lovely dresses and bags and shoes without spending a fortune!! Amazing.
Sunbathed for a bit in the afternoon - it's so surreal to be sunbathing in November but I love it, then we all got ready and ten of us headed off to another compound half an hour's drive away for the Royal Naval Association's annual charity ball for the anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar. It was a very British affair with toasts and speeches and a raffle, and we met some really nice people, who then took us over to another bar to continue dancing, then onto a house party. This compound is insanely huge, apparently over 1,000 people live there. It took half an hour to get through security as we had to have our bags checked and our photos taken. They have bars, restaurants, clubhouses, lots of sports facilities and it's all pleasantly holiday-village-esque. It was great to hang out with people that I don't live and work with and we had a great night!!! At three thirty, although the party was still going on, a few of us decided to go home, so we got home at 4.30 (thank goodness our curfew was lifted..) but hoping to go back next week, or maybe to another party on another compound. What a relief to finally have contacts elsewhere, it is going to make the weekends so much better.
Today I have to plan my lessons for next week, and I'm supposed to be going to the desert for a walk but I'm not sure if I'll go. I should really... I guess I'll see how much work I get done!!
OK I must stop distracting myself on the computer and get on with it. Thanks for all the kind words and messages, everyone! I love hearing from you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment